Performing opportunities occur two nights a week on stage before an audience of about 500 and includes dancing, drama and singing. We have weekly talent shows during which the girls are able to perform anything of their choosing.
Featuring all the genres, classes and levels, takes place during the last few days of Dance Camp and showcases the instruction and hard work that has taken place over the course of the 4 1/2 week session. 5 things that make our “Works-in-Progress” a great learning tool:
- No Costumes – It’s all about the Dance
- Learning – It’s all about the Process
- Technique – It’s all about the Fundamentals
- Environment – It’s all about being Safe
- Development – It’s all about Improvement
During the First session of BLDC, Enchoreo is our student choreography program in which girls learn how to choreograph their own pieces. The program brings girls through all the phases from choosing the music, theme, how many dancers, thru rehearsal and a presentation of the work in progress.
Overview: The 3 Acts of Enchoreo
(How you become the choreographer at Brant Lake Dance Camp):
- Your Vision, You Decide; song, style, type of dancer in your piece
- Receive Guidance – Mentored 1-1 by one of our professional dance teachers
- Learn how to run your rehearsal & teach your movement.